Amazon Hose & Rubber Company stocks the Continental ContiTech Desert® SAE 100R5 Hose, that can be used for a number of fleet applications. The light blue cover visually indicates that this hose can be used for high-temperature uses. This hose can be assembled using permanent crimp fittings or reusable socket style fittings, as pictured left.
Desert® SAE 100R5
- Meets or exceeds the performance requirements of: SAE 100R5, SAE J1402 Type All, DOT FMVSS 106 Type All
- SAE J1942/U.S. Coast Guard
- Medium-pressure applications that include turbocharger oil lines
- Tilt cab cylinder
- Air brake lines
- Transmission coolant
- Filtration lines
Compatible with petroleum oil and phosphate ester-based hydraulic fluids, air, water, diesel fuel, petroleum based lubricating oils and coolants. Note: Not recommended for under-the-hood, automotive and truck fuel line applications. Only hoses designed and tested to meet SAE fuel line standards should be used for these applications.
Inner Tube: CPE
Reinforcement: One braid textile, one braid steel
Cover Compound: Blue impregnated textile braid
- SAE 100R5 Hydraulic Applications: -40ºF to 300ºF (-40ºC to 150ºC)
- Air Brake Applications: -40ºF to 200ºF (-40ºC to 93ºC)
- General Hot Oil Applications: -40ºF to 300ºF (-40ºC to 150ºC)
- General Air Applications: -40ºF to 200ºF (-40ºC to 93ºC)
Water Applications: -40ºF to 212ºF (-40ºC to 100ºC)
Note: Sizes 7/8″ (-16) and 1 1/8″ (-20) do not meet SAE J1402 Type AII & DOT FMVSS 106 Type AII because these sizes are not listed in the referenced specifications.
Whether you are running a bus, truck, or heavy piece of equipment, Amazon Hose & Rubber Company can supply you with all of your hose, tubing, fitting and adapters needs. Please feel free to call one of our friendly Hose Specialists at (800) 506-5514 or contact us at www.AmazonHose.com for assistance!