Flexible ducting hose is commonly used for air transport, fume removal, vacuum and light weight material handling applications. Key features of ducting hose are flexibility, compressibility and relatively light weight construction.
Things to Think About When Buying a Flexible Ducting Hose
To be a smart buyer, there are certain things that should be considered when purchasing a certain hose for a particular job. These things include:
- The inside diameter and length required. Inside diameters range from 1-1/4 inches through 60 inches. Lengths up to 50 feet are available.
- The temperature of both the material being conveyed through the hose and the environment surrounding the hose.
- Application details: specify the flexibility needed, whether the outer surface of the hose is subject to abrasion and the way the hose needs to be connected to equipment.
- The material passing through the hose.
- Whether the hose will be under pressure (pounds per square inch) or vacuum (inches Hg).
Types of Flexible Ducting Hoses Available in the Market
Different types of Duct Hose are chosen based on the function requirements. You will be able to find the following kinds of hoses in the market:
- Polyester Flexible Ducting
- Neoprene Coated Fabric
- Thermoplastic Flexible Ducting
- Flexible Clip Type Ducting
- Metallic Ducting
- Amazon Hose is a master distributor for Flexaust, Duravent, Novaflex and Masterduct.
- Galvanized hose ends, couplings and adapters are available. Screw type bridge clamps are best suited for use with ducting hose.
- Custom lengths and soft cuff connections are available.