The use of PVC hoses has a 66% market share in the US water distribution market. In sanitary sewer pipe applications, it accounts for 75%. Polyvinyl Chloride, more famously known as PVC, is the material used to make PVC Suction and Discharge Hoses. Their basic features include high utility, efficiency and durability. PVC hoses are used primarily for industrial purposes.
General Applications of PVC Suction and Discharge Hose
- Construction and mining supply lines
- Irrigation lines
- Rock dusting
- Well point systems
- Drain Lines
- Miscellaneous agricultural applications such as liquid fertilizer and air seeder lines, Agri-foam systems
- Liquid fertilizer transfer
- Water Suction and De-watering
- Mining Applications (MSHA)
Advantages of PVC Suction and Discharge Hose
Using PVC suction and discharge hoses has many benefits which is why these hoses are used extensively for various purposes. These benefits include:
- Abrasion resistant
- Economical; less waste
- Offers suction and discharge
- Heat resistant
- Transparent Construction
- MSHA approved Suction Hose
- Smooth or Convoluted Outer Cover
Types of PVC Suction and Discharge Hose
The most common types of PVC hoses are:
- General PVC Suction/Discharge Hose: It possesses a rigid vinyl helix, making it quite robust. The working temperature range for the hose is -10°F to +150°F. Though the working pressure is 50-100 psi at 72°F and 35-65 psi at 150°F. We stock Tigerflex J series solid green, clear and white.
- Corrugated PVC Suction/Discharge Hose: This suction/discharge hose is made of rigid PVC helix. It is clear in appearance with a white helix. The range of temperature under which the hose works well is -5 °F to +150 degree °F. The working pressure for this hose is 60-70 psi. It has small bend radius for tight turns.
- Clear PVC with Helix Suction/Discharge Hose: Clear PVC with Helix Suction/Discharge hose has rigid PVC helix for crush resistance and a smooth core for easy suction. It is good for bulk material handling.
- Flexible PVC Suction/Discharge Hose: These types of hoses are flexible in nature. They have woven synthetic yarn reinforcement inside. The hose can bear temperature ranging from -10°F to +150°F. The working pressure is 35-75 psi.
Tips and Notes
- When buying a PVC Suction and Discharge Hose, consider the purpose and features required.
- We primarily carry Kuriyama, Pacific Echo and Continental brands used for standard duty and food grade purposes.