Amazon Hose is a leading global provider of hydraulic and industrial hoses to consumers and business. The company’s offerings span a variety of manufactures that we represent along with our expertise in hose applications and fabrication. Our extensive inventory and market knowledge allows us to deliver innovative solutions to our customer’s problems. We drive business value, create social value and improve the lives of our customers and employees.
The Shipping and Receiving position is responsible for inbound and outbound functions requiring an understanding of sales orders, purchase orders and branch transfers based on pre-established guidelines to perform the essential functions of the job.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
A heavy shipping/receiving workload and the paperwork processing requires a detail oriented individual and checking-in and counting inventory items. An average day may receive 50 boxes containing 200 different bagged or individual items. An average day may ship out 30 boxes of mixed part items and a few times per week pallets of hose. There is computer work involved to receive against purchase orders and ship out against pick tickets.
Minimum 2 years of proven UPS Worldship experience with a working knowledge of the different types of logistics companies and programs. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within shipping industry. Forklift certification a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent·
- Must be able to read and write English / Bilingual preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Collaborative problem-solver
- Strong math skills add and subtract fractions and calculate percentages
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Employee is regularly required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. Employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* An Equal Opportunity Employer, we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
* All candidates must be able to pass pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check.