We have available, many sizes & colors, for a variety of applications, including citrus/juices, beer & wine, flour, potable water, grain, and so on. We stock both PVC & rubber, in addition to both suction & discharge applications. We have an extensive size range, from 1/8” to 6”, and have larger sizes available through special order. So, if you’re in the market for food grade hose, Amazon is your one-stop shop! Give us a call, and let us go over your options.
Why Should One Use An Exclusive Food Grade Hose?
A food grade hose is used for the bulk transfer of food products through suction or pneumatic systems. These suction and discharge hoses are exclusively manufactured to preserve the quality of food products and prevent contamination from exposure to foreign elements.
Food Grade Hose: Applications
Food grade hoses are extensively employed in food manufacturing units to carry out production in a safe and hygienic environment. The most common wet and dry applications include:
- Bulk food processing
- Ground meat
- Load cell connections
- Process transfer
- Pump vibration damping
- Washdown stations
Typically, they are used to supply beer, wine, water, milk, juice, soft drinks, flour and fish.
Food Grade Hose: Characteristics
To maintain flexibility, food grade hoses are made up of rubber or PVC. However, they have an internal stainless steel wire helical structure to provide strength and durability. A food grade hose differs from a fuel hose or other suction hoses in the following ways:
- Non-metal hoses: They are made up of PVC or rubber to avoid contamination due to metal corrosion.
- Chemical resistance: Regular contact with food products, particularly wine, beer and milk, can lead to the development of acids and chemicals in the hose. These acids can affect the quality of food and can even cause food poisoning. Thus, food grade hoses are manufactured from non-toxic compounds to ensure chemical resistance.
- Odorless: Food grade hoses are odorless and tasteless to preserve the actual taste of the food products.
- Maintain pressure: Good quality food grade hoses can sustain high pressure supply. Maintaining supply pressure is particularly important in the wine and beer applications.
- Durable: Food grade hoses are especially manufactured to cater to the demanding conditions at food processing plants. They can withstand rough handling and high temperature situations.
Food grade hoses are used with a range of supporting couplings and fittings. Make sure that the fittings are suitable for food grade supply. Look out for US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) standards before buying food grade hose.
For queries regarding food grade hoses, visit www.amazonhose.com. Amazon Hose & Rubber is a US-based company that offers high quality hoses, couplings and fittings at the best possible price. The company offers an extensive range of food grade hoses, 1/8 inch to 6 inches, from leading manufacturers such as Parker/Titan, Goodyear, Kuriyama and Pacific Echo.